It’s an exciting time to be in the market for a new car. Not only is there a plethora of high tech options and features, car prices are the lowest they’ve been for years and you can save big bucks on your new vehicle. Furthermore, today’s fuel-efficient cars can save you huge amounts gas, which will impact your budget in positive ways for years to come.
Hybrid vehicles are made to run not only on gas but also on an on board battery that’s under the hood. Hybrid vehicles automatically switch back and forth between the two power sources (gas and battery) to run the most efficiently. Thus, the driver enjoys maximum savings on fuel costs.
According to the Top Green Cars website, the top 5 hybrid vehicles are the Toyota Prius, Kia Optima Hybrid, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, and the Honda Civic Hybrid. Let’s take a closer look at these particular hybrid cars that will save you bucks while being kinder to the environment.
1. Toyota Prius. If you’re looking to pocket some real cash rather than put it in your gas tank, the Toyota Prius will help you do just that. The Toyota website reports the Prius can get more than 50 miles to the gallon in town.
* You can save even more money with Toyota’s Solar Roof Package, which uses the sun’s energy to keep the car cool and run the air conditioning.
* The Toyota Prius is quite reasonably priced, starting around $23,000, according to Toyota’s website.
2. Kia Optima Hybrid. The new Kia Optima Hybrid is another up-and-coming vehicle. The Optima Hybrid is covered by a 10-year/100,000 mile warranty. This type of warranty can save you money and bring peace of mind.
* With reported 35MPG, the Kia Optima Hybrid will definitely conserve your dollars.
3. Hyundai Sonata. The Hyundai Sonata has been available for a decade. And now, it’s available in a fuel-efficient hybrid model that gets 35 miles to the gallon.
* The selling price is around $26,000, as stated at the Hyundai website.
4. Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. If you want to save money on fuel but still demand a luxury vehicle, the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid might fill the bill. Although you might not have thought about a Lincoln as a money-saving car, the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is touted by Lincoln’s website as doing just that.
* This statistic will be hard to believe for a luxury car: the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is reported to get 41 miles to the gallon in the city.
* As a luxury vehicle, the upfront cost is higher than others on this list at around $35,000.
* Although, if you’re a person that holds onto your luxury cars for 5 years or more, the fuel savings on the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid will make it worth your while.
5. Honda Civic Hybrid. Although it’s the last car on the list, the Honda Civic Hybrid shouldn’t be overlooked as a hybrid car that will save you money and is eco-friendly. The Civic Hybrid reportedly gets 44 miles per gallon whether you’re driving in the city or on the highway.
* You can hold on to more of your cash if you decide to buy a Civic Hybrid with its initial list pricing: a respectable $24,000.
* If you prefer a smaller car that still offers an impressive technology package, you’ll conserve gas and money with the Honda Civic Hybrid.
These days, it pays to shop for new vehicles, especially if you plan to purchase a hybrid car. Evaluate your budget and current vehicle to determine if it’s your time to buy. If it is, getting a new hybrid car from this list will save you money and help save the environment at the same time.