The cost of dating can really take its toll on your bank account. Maybe you can barely afford to pay for your own fancy dinner and a movie; how are you going to pay for two? In most cases, women have it a little easier regarding the cost of a date. So for once, it’s all about you, guys!
Try these ideas to keep more of your money in your pocket:
1. It doesn’t matter where you take her. That doesn’t mean you can take her to the junkyard to pick car parts in the sweltering heat. But if she genuinely likes you, she’ll be happy to be with you. A pizza and a rented movie can be as good as anything else.
* The only women that would hold it against you are the women that aren’t really interested in you for you. In fact, keeping the spending to a minimum is a good way to weed out the women you don’t really want anyway. Cheap dating is actually a brilliant strategy.
2. Have an inexpensive restaurant up your sleeve. Every guy should have an economical, but quaint, restaurant he can fall back on. Your city is sure to have a little Italian or other ethnic restaurant that has a lot of charm. If you don’t have one yet, go find one.
3. Free concerts / festivals. These are perfect. The atmosphere is great, and it’s hard to beat the cost.
4. The first date should be quick (and inexpensive). For a first date, meet for coffee. If it goes well, you can make more substantial plans for next time. If it doesn’t go well, you’re not out more than the cost of a cup of coffee. There’s no point in spending a lot of money on someone with whom you’re not compatible.
5. Make dinner for her. Not only can you show off your cooking skills, but you can also save a bundle over taking her out to eat. It’s a great date. Put on some music and give her something to do, like slicing vegetables. A little wine and you’re in business.
6. Avoid turning dating into a sport. Some guys feel the need to date as much as possible, almost like it’s a hobby. There are cheaper hobbies out there. Date the women with whom you have at least a reasonable amount of interest. You don’t have to date someone just because you can.
7. Have a budget. Keep tabs on your costs by setting up a monthly dating budget. Include an amount that’s comfortable for you and your finances and stick to it. You can still change it from time to time as you see fit. The most important thing, however, is that you’re now in control of it so your dating costs won’t run amuck with your finances.
8. Skip the gifts. A decent woman won’t be more attracted to you because you bought her flowers or jewelry. There is a time for that, but it’s further along on in the dating process.
9. Volunteer together. You get the chance to spend time together while doing something great for others. Sometimes there’s free food, too!
Dating doesn’t have to be expensive. A little thought, planning, and restraint can save you a lot of money over your dating ‘career’. You don’t have to spend a lot to impress a good woman. Let the other guys try to buy affection. Go have fun with the girls that look past the money to see what’s most important.